Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Trot Nixon stops taking steroids, loses mind.

Hey, Trot Nixon: What do you tell people when they ask you about the Yankees?

"I tell them about (Derek) Jeter and Bernie Williams and (Jorge) Posada. I don't tell them about Rodriguez. ... He can't stand up to Jeter in my book or Bernie Williams or Posada."

At least ARod hasn't admitted to taking steroids. Taking steroids must make you mad.

"I don't feel sorry for Giambi but I do have a great amount of respect for him, for what he's done in this game, the kind of person he is. He's a superstar and he doesn't act like it."

I agree. Superstars don't hit .208.

But since you are so judgemental about the Yankee third baseman, you must certainly have a judgement about the Yankee first baseman.

"A lot of people have lost respect for people like Giambi. I can't judge him for what he did I don't even know him that well but I enjoy talking to him over at first base."

Nice criteria, but what were you talking about?

Last season's Spring Training, maybe?

When Giambi was scrutinized for losing so much weight, fueling speculation about steroid use?

Did Giambi personally help you with that "no late-night snacks and soft drinks" line to help explain the quick loss of 14 pounds?

Speaking of steroids, has anybody seen a recent picture of Pedro Martinez? Am I the only person to notice that his head has swelled about ten hat sizes in the past five years?

It's not steroids, it's his exercise regimen.

No comments: