Thursday, May 11, 2006

Janey One-Note Predicts The Future.

I promised I wouldn't read the Daily News' Subway Squawker site because it's just too easy:

"I don't want to be a Janey One-Note here, but to act as if Alex was the reason the Yankees lost Tuesday is ludicrous, and to suggest that he's never had a big hit against the Red Sox is simply rewriting history. Does his homer to win the game off first-time closer Curt Schilling last July, to name just one example, ring a bell? Like the caveman in the Geico commercial says, 'Next time, maybe do a little research.'

I vividly remember that night in no small part because I called the shot; as soon as I saw Curt come into the game, I predicted that A-Rod would hit a homer off Schilling.

And I predicted tonight's shot in the fifth inning. Jon called when Alex was up against Crying Curt, and I told Jon that he was going to hit a homer off Red Light, which he did about 10 seconds after me saying it. And, as promised, I even did a little jig in the office, just to celebrate the moment!"

No comments: