Monday, February 12, 2007

The under/over is July 15.

"Yankee fans still love Torre."

Yes.

Yes, we do.

As Valentine's Day approaches, I am trying to write a poem that describes how much I love Joe Torre. I just need to think of some words that rhyme with "ringworm."


The most interesting storyline of the 2007 season may be listening to Joe Girardi campaign for Torrre's job every night on the YES Network:

"He did not just win four World Series in his first six years managing the Yankees"

First five years managing the Yankees.

"he made it harder for Yankee haters to hate them than at any time in the history of the franchise."

Which means that Lupica the Yankee hater stopped hating the Yankees for a brief period of time.

But why is that a good thing?

I hope Yankee haters continue to hate the Yankees.

I hope the Yankee hating eats at their black souls and ruins their lives.

It's my idea of fun.

"That is the first six years."

The first five years.

The loss to Arizona in the 2001 World Series was still, you know, a loss.


No comments: