Thursday, June 09, 2011

The Yankees need to trade for some Boston Bruins players.

"David Ortiz on Wednesday night had a message for New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi, who had said he didn't care for the way the Boston Red Sox slugger had flipped his bat after hitting a home run Tuesday: 'Take it like a man.'

...

For his part, Girardi also downplayed his comment, suggesting before Wednesday's game that the media had given it a 'Full Monty' treatment he hadn't intended. Nor did he believe Red Sox left-hander Jon Lester hitting two Yankees batters Tuesday night -- Mark Teixeira and Russell Martin -- was an invitation for the Yankees to engage in any retaliatory target practice.

'I didn't hear our guys talk about it at all,' Girardi said. 'It seems like it's been talked about more in the media than our guys. I didn't hear anything about our guys being upset.' "

I'm upset.

Hey, Yankee fans, are you upset?

Because I'm upset.

Nice to know that Girardi is not upset and none of his guys are upset.

Makes me feel like I'm more emotionally invested than the manager and the players.

Makes me feel like, if I was playing second base for the Yankees, and the catcher threw the ball poorly to second base, and I was backing up second base, that I'd stick my arm out and try to keep the ball from going into centerfield.

Make me feel like, if I was managing the Yankees and Ortiz challenged my manhood, I might instruct my pitcher to drill him.

No comments: