Thursday, December 06, 2012

Yankees sign Pettitte, Rivera, unable to sign Keppinger to complete the Fab Five.

It's a lot like 1992: The players will go on strike in two years and the Yankees will win the World Series in four years:

"Suddenly it feels like 1992, when nobody wanted to play for the Yankees. Except this time it’s not Barry Bonds, Greg Maddux, and David Cone shunning the pinstripes, but Eric Chavez, Jeff Keppinger, and Marco Scutaro.
...

Mere role players are saying no thanks at a time when the Yankees have provided the surest path to the postseason for the last 17 years."


I see your point.

Because Eric Chavez, Jeff Keppinger, and Marco Scutaro are a lot like Barry Bonds, Greg Maddux, and David Cone.


" 'I just saw Cash,' said ex-Yankee Jim Leyritz, referring to GM Brian Cashman, 'and I told him if I got in shape I might be able to help him at third base.' "

You did not just see Brian Cashman.

That would violate your parole.

No comments: