Thursday, March 26, 2015

I don't believe David Ortiz when he says he never knowingly took steroids.

Alex Rodriguez has never tested positive for a test in the past eleven years, either.

Naturally, I can't prove that Ortiz took steroids. But you can definitely count me among the "some people" described below:

" 'Some people still look at me like I'm a cheater because my name was on a list of players who got flagged for PEDs in 2003,' he wrote. 'Let me tell you something about that test. Most guys were taking over-the-counter supplements then. Most guys are still taking over-the-counter supplements. If it's legal, ballplayers take it. Why? Because if you make it to the World Series, you play 180 games. Really think about that for a second. One-hundred-and-eighty games. Your kids could be sick, your wife could be yelling at you, your dad could be dying -- nobody cares. Nobody cares if you have a bone bruise in your wrist or if you have a pulled groin. You're an entertainer. The people want to see you hit a 95-mile-an-hour fastball over a damn 37-foot wall.' "

I agree 100% that the pressure to perform drives pro athletes to use illegal performance enhancing substances.

Your long-winded denial kind of sounds like a confession.


"Ortiz wrote that he may have have taken an over-the-counter supplement that 'all of a sudden MLB comes out and says there's some ingredient in GNC pills that have a form of steroid in them. I don't know anything about it.'

'If you think I'm full of it, go to your kitchen cabinet right now and read the back of a supplement bottle and honestly tell me you know what all of that stuff is,' Ortiz wrote. 'I'm not driving across the border to Mexico buying some shady pills from a drug dealer. I'm in a strip mall across from the Dunkin' Donuts, bro.' "

I don't doubt that you bought your banned performance enhancing supplement in a strip mall across from the Dunkin' Donuts.

And I ain't your bro.

And I absolutely know what all of the stuff is that is on the back of a supplement bottle. The day before your company's drug test, don't eat a poppy bagel.

No comments: