Thursday, December 17, 2015

Two guys I don't want to listen to right now.

Pete Rose shrugging off his continued gambling on baseball:

"And so, as Rose sat here listening to his lawyers paint a picture that he's a changed man and Rose himself declare that he's 'a good man,' baseball's banished hit king acted like it was no big deal at all that he's still betting ... still betting on baseball.

That admittance to Manfred was part of the reason why his ban wasn't lifted.

Proving he still doesn't get it, Rose explained, 'I worked hard my whole life. I'm 74 years old and that's the way I get my enjoyment.' "


CC Sabathia talking about MLB pitchers cashing in with huge contracts:

"As for the big contracts being handed out this year, well, he loves it.

'I think it's fantastic,' Sabathia said, then laughed. 'I mean, what can you say? Opt-out clauses and all that. I think it's part of the game. These guys are working hard and throwing a lot of innings. I hope it kind of stays where it is, or gets better.' "

No comments: