Wednesday, June 06, 2018

I think Bumgarner is my favorite player.


" 'You just gotta find a way to get a guy in, bases loaded and no outs,’' said Bumgarner, who fouled off a hittable 2-0 fastball. 'There’s no excuse for it, pitcher or not. Or at least a better opportunity than striking out.' "

I would honestly say that the only player on the Yankees’ roster who understands this is, like, Ronald Torreyes, and he’s in the minor leagues.

I think Gary Sanchez, for example, is disappointed when he strikes out with RISP and less than two outs, but it’s hard to tell the difference, because he’s always disappointed when he strikes out and slowly trudges back to the dugout.

I think nearly 100% of all major league batters think of this situation as a chance to get 4 RBIs, regardless of the score, regardless of the game situation. The hitting coaches and managers can explain that you can get 1 RBI the easy way … maybe even 2 easy RBIs with the shifts … but it simply doesn’t register.

Four is better than one, coach. That’s how I get paid.

No comments: