Monday, August 20, 2018

I think the all-or-nothing game has gone a bit overboard, but I also think baseball will be fine.

Baseball is always in trouble ... and the players are always paid too much ... and there is never enough pitching.

I also don't think hit-and-runs are going to save the game, nor bunting, nor eliminating the shift, nor the effective marketing of Mike Trout.

If kids don't like baseball, then they don't like baseball.

It's not an action sport. It's potential energy, not kinetic energy. I'm into each pitch because it sets up the next pitch and builds the tension or breaks the tension.

I agree that the Three True Outcomes have gotten out of hand and made the game more boring, but if you read this in-depth article, a lot of it is old men yelling at the kids to keep their skateboards off the sidewalk.

No comments: