Friday, October 12, 2018

Yes. I would trade Gary Sanchez for two front line starters.

Trade to the team which has two front line starters to trade.

Maybe the 1973 A's?

Your guess is as good as mine:

"So do they have trade value? Do you, dare I say, go out there and shop (Greg) Bird? Or shop (Miguel) Andujar? Or even shop (Gary) Sanchez? See what you could get for those guys. I'm not advocating for any one of those guys to move, but if I'm Brian Cashman and I know my defense needs to get better and I need to balance out a heavy right-handed lineup that hits a lot of home runs ... Cash always has a trick up his sleeve. He's one of the best GMs in baseball. He might look moving some of those guys and moving two birds with one stone."

Greg Bird (.199/11/38, -0.6 WAR) and Gary Sanchez (.186/18/53, 1.2 WAR) for what?

It's been a while since I studied for the SATs, but let me get out my calculator ... yep, I was right ... nothin' plus nothin' equals nothin'.


Let me put it this way, just to offer some perspective: In 2018, Sonny Gray's WAR was equal to the combined WARs of Bird and Sanchez.


So just say "Andujar," because the other two are worthless at this time.

"See if you can trade Andujar for two front line starters."

Good luck with that.

No comments: