Saturday, February 25, 2023

Still a lot of discussion about a very bad baseball player.

“The Minnesota market is different than the New York market. The Texas market is different than the New York market. I always just wanted to play baseball, have fun, hang out with the boys. That’s my goal, just to play baseball and win games. I don’t really like it being more than that. I guess this is more my vibe, you know what I mean?”

I remember last year when Gallo said the same thing about the Dodgers. Had an early two-HR game, or whatever. Then he hit .159 with the Dodgers.

More from the referenced article about Gallo:

"I took pride in the fact that I still played. I was still diving for the Yankees, running into walls for the Yankees, running hard for the Yankees. I knew I was getting traded. But I still had the pride, the integrity for the game, the respect for the fans, respect for the organization. I’m still going to go out here and bust my ass. I’m not going to just cash it in."

I mean, I guess it's accurate. I don't recall any behavior that qualified as quitting. He was the worst player I've ever seen intentionally given a starting role on a team for an extended period of team. I also think when one examines his career, there's no reason to think he's going to rebound in Minnesota. But if he wants to pat himself on the back for not literally quitting, I guess that's better than nothing.

 

 



No comments: