Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Joe & Fooch: Reunited and it feels so good.

From time to time, my friends will ask me why I never wanted to become a sportswriter. This ridiculous article should help explain why.

If the supposedly grizzled New York press is this reverent of Joe Torre, then you wouldn't want to send me into the locker room with a mic after another loss where Tony Womack batted second.

Believe me, Torre, I wasn't presuming to know what you were thinking. In fact, I didn't presume that you were thinking at all. Based on your strategy from tonight's game, I didn't presume your brain was functioning beyond its stem.

Oh, I'm sorry. No offense. Let me listen in rapt attention and you can tell me about the time you batted .363 and had no infield hits. Because you were slow. Great story, Pops.

No comments: