Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Reason to Boo Big Papi.

Derek Jeter is David Ortiz's Waterloo.

But who can really blame David Ortiz?

He had no idea what he was up against. He has no idea what happens when you take on The Power of Derek Jeter:

"Nobody has ever thought of Ortiz as a bad guy."

I have!

Every time that big, stupid son of a gun has batted against the Yankees, I have thought of him as a bad guy.


"But he also said what he said, and he was dead wrong. If he feels that badly about it, he should have said so last night."

Stop hitting walkoff homeruns against the Yankees, you stupid son of a gun.


"Now Yankee fans can let him have it with a clear conscience."


Now?

Phew.

Thanks, John Harper, for giving me the go-ahead.

It's funny, because, for about three years now, I've had my eye out for David Ortiz whenever I drive. If I happen to see him crossing the street, I might get a sudden attack of amnesia whereby I get the gas pedal mixed up with the brake pedal.

"Yes, Officer, I thought I heard a noise and I thought I might have hit something. That's why I backed up and hit him again. So I could be sure."

No comments: