Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My first post of 2009.

Probably sounds a lot like my first post of 2004:

"But Pettitte is not like other players, and the Yankees are not like other teams. Pettitte has pledged his loyalty to the Yankees, and the Yankees have spent lavishly this winter at a time when many clubs are scaling back."

A pledge from a disloyal cheater and liar, huh?


"A reunion seemed inevitable at the start of the off-season, but now it is uncertain."

A reunion seemed so unlikely, that I started deducting Pettitte's salary from the payroll last August.


"Pettitte might wonder why the Yankees offered a pay cut at a time when they spent a combined $243.5 million on C. C. Sabathia and A. J. Burnett. If he is, though, Pettitte has not said so. Reached by The New York Times on Dec. 3, he said he wanted to return but was leaving the matter to his agent, Randy Hendricks, who did not respond to e-mail messages Monday."

Well, I'm not sure if reporting what Pettitte might be thinking even qualifies as reporting.

Pettitte didn't return any of my emails or phone calls, either. He also hasn't accepted my friend request on Facebook.

If he did, I could easily explain why the Yankees offered a pay cut at a time when they spent a combined $243.5 million on CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett.

14 wins and 14 losses is why.

No comments: