Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Talk about a phony.

Mr. Torre, I will give you $100 right now if you can name the teams in the NL West:

" 'I don't think I said anything about A-Rod that I didn't say already.' Torre is the co-author of the book, but it contains both his thoughts and independent reporting, according to Verducci.

Torre told the Times that 'knowing that my name is on it, I know I'm going to have to answer for it.'

He later told the Times: 'I'm comfortable with what I contributed to the book, even though I'm probably going to get more credit or more blame than I deserve, whichever way you want to look at it.' "

I must say, for a man who didn't throw one pitch or get one hit during the Yankees' late-'90s success, I think you know from getting more credit than you deserve.

No comments: