Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Are you tring to convince us? Or trying to convince yourself?

"Los Angeles Dodgers manager Joe Torre was 'disappointed' when Manny Ramirez got busted for using a substance banned by Major League Baseball, but the former Yankees skipper doesn't think any success the Dodgers enjoy this season would be tainted by Ramirez's use of performance-enhancing substances.

'I don't think so,' Torre said Monday at his annual charity golf outing at Trump National Golf Club. '(Ramirez) obviously did something he got punished for. As far as tainting, I don't. I mean, why would it be tainted? Because he did something?' "

Yes.

Because he did something.


" 'Well, what do you think about Andy Pettitte?' "

Cheater and liar.


" 'And Alex (Rodriguez)?' "

Cheater and liar.

Funny you should ask ...


" 'I mean, I don't know. I think baseball, right now, is tainted. And we need to get the trust back.' "

So, if baseball is tainted, and the Dodgers play baseball ... then the Dodgers are tainted! Thanks for clearing that up.

But why would baseball be tainted in the first place?

Because the players did something.

No comments: