Sunday, February 21, 2010

I dare you to not bring up the Yankees.

" 'When I got the three-year deal (before 2008), I thought I'd manage two ...' "

Guy has never seemed to enthusiastic about managing the Los Angeles Dodgers.


" 'I've never been this age before, but at some point you are going to dread going to spring training ... ' "


Anybody else says "I've never been this age before" and I'd dismiss it as an amusing wordplay.

When Joe Torre says it, I truly wonder if he understands the basics of time, place, and biology.


"Torre, wearing his 1996 Yankees World Series ring, has not reached the heights in Los Angeles that he did in New York, where he won four championships.

...

'After being in New York, I never really anticipated going anywhere else, and starting again, but it was a great decision on my part to continue doing this, because it's been a lot of fun,' Torre said."

No comments: