Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Yeah, what's up with your drug testing?

One might accuse Murray Chass of being "pro-ARod," but I think he's basically right on. Read the whole thing if you wish. Here are the highlights:

"A prediction (I am not big on making predictions, but I like this one’s chances of being right):

Frederic Horowitz will join Raymond Goetz, Richard Bloch, George Nicolau and Shyam Das in the ranks of baseball’s impartial arbitrators who have overturned or reduced player suspensions for off-field transgressions.

...

And baseball will have to deal with the fact that Rodriguez never tested positive for banned drugs in the 'multiple years' Selig has cited.

Oh yes, about those tests. Why didn’t Selig’s vaunted, self-proclaimed toughest tests nab Rodriguez? The commissioner, as far as I know, hasn’t answered or explained that matter. I, for one, am intrigued by the question and would be happy to hear an answer. Maybe it will come up in the Horowitz hearing."

No comments: