Sunday, March 10, 2019

Another split squad Spring Training ace. For three whole innings.

I give him credit for being ... delusional in his optimistic evaluations of himself:

" 'They love sliders,' Gray sounded off to The Athletic about his Yankees tenure. 'Sliders are a great pitch. The numbers say slider is a good pitch, but you might not realize how many s----- counts you’re getting in while throwing all those sliders. They wanted me to be (Masahiro) Tanaka and I’m way different from him.
In my very last outing against the Red Sox, second-to-last game of the season in New York, I threw two innings out of the pen, all I did was throw cutters,' Gray added. 'I said, "F--- ’em, all I’m going to do is throw cutters today." I just threw 94-mph cutters. … [Pitched well, and] I thought maybe I’ll make the postseason roster here … but I didn’t.' "

No comments: