Wednesday, March 27, 2019

I am not a big fan of Boone.

"Look around the American League and tell me which projected playoff manager you’d take Boone over in an October series.

Boston’s Alex Cora? No way. Been there, done that.

Cleveland’s Terry Francona? The future Hall of Famer was out-managed by Boone’s predecessor, Joe Girardi, in 2017. It’ll be surprising if we can say the same about the current Yankees skipper this year.

Houston’s A.J. Hinch? No one would seriously take Boone over one of the best in the game right now.

Tampa Bay’s (my pick to get there as the second AL Wild Card) Kevin Cash? Watch the two teams play, and try to make a sound case for Boone."

I'm surprised Tampa is listed as a projected playoff team, but I suppose they are. Upon closer inspection, it becomes clear that the AL has a lot of bad teams.

As for Boone, I guess I'm still a fan of Girardi. He may not cost the team a playoff series, but there's no reason to think he offers a competitive advantage.

No comments: