Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sic.

Larry Brooks wrote an article about the Mets' situation at second base. I didn't read the article too carefully. It's hard to take the article seriously. While I'm not expecting Edward R. Murrow, I think one of the first rules of reporting is to spell the subject's name right. That's just pathetic.

At least spell the name right. Start there.

Because now when you tell me Brett [sic] Boone is 37 years old, I'm thinking he might be 27 years old or 47 years old. Maybe Brett [sic] Boone is trying out for first base for the Twins rather than second base for the Mets.

The New York Post has the professional sheen of my "A Wizard Of Earthsea" book report I wrote in fourth grade using magic marker and construction paper. Come to think of it, my book report was far more professional.

No comments: