Friday, June 15, 2007

The Yankees' best pitcher so far ...

... despite the results of the dubious YES Network poll.

Pettitte has been better than I expected him to be. Not that my expectations mean a damned thing.

But, again, why are the Yankees so freely allowed to disrespect the Houston Astros thusly?:

"I talked to Andy during the summer," Torre said after Pettitte went eight innings as the Yankees beat the Diamondbacks, 7-1, for their ninth win in a row. "I think the biggest part of it was it had become work for him. Not necessarily the physical part, but it just wasn't as much fun."

Pettitte played with the Astros for three seasons. He got three playoff races and one World Series. He was paid $30 million. He got to pick up his kids at the Deer Park Middle School and play for an owner who worships God more regularly than George Steinbrenner worships God.

How awful it must have been.

By the end of the day, I've got to review and email about 100 RTFs to the product manager. I will be paid less than $30 million.

Wanna switch?

No comments: