Tuesday, July 31, 2007

He knows from no-brainers.

I don't think I have to explain why the following people don't belong on Phil Pepe's list of Hall of Fame "no-brainers" -- but I will:

"BARRY BONDS -- He was in before the rumors." So was Mark Mcgwire.

"ICHIRO SUZUKI -- Needs to play only 3 more years to qualify." I'd vote for him, but Japan stats don't count.

"OMAR VIZQUEL -- 12 Gold Gloves, more hits than Ozzie Smith."
Actually, Vizquel has 11 gold gloves, unless Pepe is assuming that Vizquel will win another this season. Jim Sundberg has 6 gold gloves. Bob Boone has 7. Mark Belanger has 8. Omar Vizquel is a .275 career hitter whose career high in RBIs is 72.

"No-brainer" means you don't have to think about it. It's unanimous. "No-brainer" is not supposed to mean "I made this list without using my brain."

No comments: