Sunday, July 01, 2007

Just stop talking about your baseball team.

Tell some more anecdotes about Leo Durocher or Bob Gibson. You're good at that.


Joe Torre recently uttered these words:

"Torre returned slumping Bobby Abreu to the No. 3 slot in the batting order, saying, 'I liked his at-bats' in Friday night's 2-1 victory, in which Abreu went 1-for-4. 'I'm more comfortable with him in that spot. This is where I want him to succeed.' "

Today, Robinson Cano is batting third and Bobby Abreu is batting seventh.


No, I don't know why Alex Rodriguez can not bat third. Or why Derek Jeter can not bat third.

No, I don't know why Robinson Cano would bat third, possibly the only worse choice than Abreu. At least Abreu has some patience at the plate and some speed on the basepaths.

No, I don't know why Torre insists of lefty-righty-lefty-right-lefty-righty.


Most of all, I don't know how Joe Torre maintains credibility when he continually says one thing and does another.

Torre is not angry at Cano, Proctor, or Farnsworth. Torre is angry that Pettitte and Posada took matters into their own hands.

No comments: