Sunday, February 22, 2009

No mention of human growth hormone.

"Pettitte says no, he has no problem with Randy Hendricks and no problem with his deal. He was determined to get the $12 million he thought he was worth, and in the end maybe he paid a price for playing his hand too boldly, but he insists it was worth it for the chance to prove the ugly finish to last season doesn't mean he's one step from being washed up."

Greedy.


" 'Hey, around July last year I thought I was going to win 20 games,' Pettitte was saying Saturday. 'I felt that good. So don't tell me that based on my last 11 or 12 starts I'm done. I had a shoulder problem.' "

Hey, based on the last 11 or 12 starts without the aid of human growth hormone, you're done.

Hey, y'all.


"It's unclear how much more the Yankees would have been willing to guarantee at the end, after Pettitte turned down the $10 million and the Bombers signed Mark Teixeira for $180 million, but the veteran lefty says he opted for the incentives.

'To me, there was principle involved,' Pettitte said."

Naturally.

You're probably the most principled greedy, lying, disloyal cheater on the whole team.


I'll bet John Harper votes Andy Pettitte into the Hall of Fame. Not ARod, though, as we all know.

It's not the most ridiculous idea based on Pettitte's stats (215 wins, .629 winning%, 4 rings, 117 ERA+), but Pettitte's supposed incompetence is now used as an excuse for the public's general disinterest in his cheating.


I've got a few questions for hard-hitting sports journalist John Harper:

How much money should Andy Pettitte give back?

Shouldn't those performance incentives be donated to charity?

Shouldn't Elijah Cummings be knocking down Pettitte's door?

Seriously, what's the deal, John Harper? Are you just in love with Andy Pettitte, or something? You love Andy Pettitte so much that you're willing to ruin your own credibility?


No comments: