Sunday, February 07, 2016

Broncos 30, Panthers 21

A rare non-baseball post.

See what I did in the title?

I made a prediction about the Super Bowl. Like everyone else in America, from President Obama to your mom.

No self-respecting sports writer would avoid making a Super Bowl prediction.Which probably explains why I can't find Mike Lupica's prediction.


A week ago: "Super Bowl won't affect Peyton Manning's legacy."

Today: "Super Bowl 50 stakes sky high for Manning, Cam Newton."

Followed by this doozy: "The Panthers will have the two best players on the field in Super Bowl 50 Sunday night. That means Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly ..." Screech. Full stop. Nothing against Kuechly, but give me a break.


There's a lot of words about the Big Game and I sure didn't read all of them. But I don't see a bottom line prediction anywhere. What a joke.




No comments: