Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I am generally a nice guy. I don't wish "enemy" ballplayers ill will.

But this is ridiculous:

"When Ortiz, 40, makes his final Yankee Stadium appearance on Sept. 29, this is what he wants, and it speaks volumes about Ortiz the player, the competitor, the enemy, the star.

'You know what I want most of all?' Big Papi told The Post on Tuesday at JetBlue Park. 'I would love it if the fans at Yankee Stadium gave me a standing ovation.' "

...

Ortiz deeply respects the fans, even those from other teams who boo him, because it shows how much they love the game and their team. Yankees fans can show Ortiz respect in that final game.

Cheer for Big Papi. Chant his nickname. Send him out with class."


The writers sure love David Ortiz.

I am not sure why ... an obvious steroid cheat, not really classy by any useful definition of the term ... just a pretty good interview sometimes. Maybe that's why.

Tormented the Yankees for a while. That might be the real reason.

No comments: