Saturday, August 04, 2007

I think Vlad Guerrero just went 125 at-bats without a homerun.

I'm quite sure that Ian O'Connor will find a reason to vote for Guerrero ahead of ARod when it's time to determine the 2007 AL MVP.

I'm also wondering if any sportswriter will refer to Glavine's quest for win #300 as a "long national nightmare."

When I read something like the following, I just have zero idea what the guy is talking about:

"A-Rod is growing A-Fraid of the moment. He's turning this glorious march to 500 homers into an alarming stagger to who knows where.

Rodriguez went 0-for-4 in the 8-1 victory over the White Sox on Wednesday night, and he hasn't gotten a hit in his 21 at-bats since Homer No. 499, equaling the worst hitless streak of his career. If he doesn't become the youngest player to reach 500 by the end of the Yankees' homestand Sunday, Joe Torre said, 'We'll all be in straightjackets.'

Or at least A-Rod will be in one. Let's see Scott Boras negotiate his way out of that.

'I'll hit it sometime before the year ends,' A-Rod pledged.

Would he bet $252 million on that?"

No comments: