Sunday, June 27, 2010

My favorite excuse.

"But now I find that I can't defend Torre as he continues to rationalize some of the more controversial content in his book, in particular his treatment of A-Rod.

It's not that he revealed anything all that stunning about Rodriguez, but for a manager who preached the sanctity of the clubhouse to his players, Torre did cross the line. And while it's clear that much of the unflattering A-Rod material was the result of co-author Tom Verducci's reporting, Torre has to take responsibility for everything in the book.

On Friday, Torre took his rationale a little further, all but intimating that A-Fraud was an endearing nickname of some sort.

'There was nothing in the book that wasn't out in public before,Torre said. A-Fraud wasn't something I said, it's what others said, and it wasn't as if it was said behind his back."

'I hope I didn't do anything that made him uncomfortable with me, but I don't feel like there's anything that needs to be said (to him).' "


Question nobody seems willing to ask:

If there was nothing in the book that wasn't out in public before, then why did you bother writing it?

Why would anybody bother reading it?

You're so lazy as an "author," that you don't even pretend to offer new insights?

No comments: