Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I'd put the under/over at 100 games played.

"Officially, Major League Baseball has not yet abandoned the hope of playing a 162-game schedule. Unofficially, that possibility all but evaporated when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended no gatherings of 50 or more people for the next eight weeks. That recommendation carries through May 10 (and could be extended based on the trajectory of the coronavirus spread)."

There is also a possibility the whole season will be cancelled.

I'd say it's a small possibility.

I also thought it was a small possibility that the Prime Rate would fall to 0.00 and my 401(k) would take a 35% "correction."


Now, I've got nothing against Tom Verducci ... and what is he supposed to write about when no baseball is being played?

His genius observations are that a shorter season would have an impact on the outcomes of the season ... in all the obvious ways you thought of right away.

No comments: