Saturday, February 06, 2021

There is no "title" of America's Biggest Sports Star.

On to baseball:

"If Noah Syndergaard is healthy by the summer, the Mets still might have a better team than the Yankees this season."

I don't think the Mets will win more games than the Yankees this season ... if that's what you mean by "better team."

Who cares, anyway?

I know how this works.

All the Mets get healthy and play well. All the Yankees stay injured. Mets win back the Big City. Mookie Wilson.

 

"It doesn’t change the fact that Trevor Bauer, in the end, wanted Los Angeles and the Dodgers more than he wanted the Mets and the big, bad city."

"If I’m the Yankees, I don’t extend Aaron Judge until he shows me he can stay on the field for about 150 games one of these years.

I’m starting to get the idea that only Stephen Hawking was more of a genius than Eric Cressey, the Yankees’ director of player health and performance."

Hmmm ... it will take a while to unpack that logic.

If Noah Syndergaard gets healthy and the Mets are better than the Yankees, then Trevor Bauer wouldn't want to go play for the current World Champion Dodgers?

It reminds me of the recent golf game I played with Noah Syndergaard Mookie Wilson Doc Gooden Madison Bumgarner Tony Lasorda.

 

"Incidentally? Give him and his agent all the credit in the world.

They played their hand about as well as it could be played.

They win and the Dodgers win.

 And baseball wins.

Because the Dodgers now officially become the Big Team, in all ways, that the sport hasn’t had since Torre’s Yankees."

For real?

From reading your columns, I would have sworn it was the Collins-era Mets.

 

"If I’m the Yankees, I don’t extend Aaron Judge until he shows me he can stay on the field for about 150 games one of these years.

I’m starting to get the idea that only Stephen Hawking was more of a genius than Eric Cressey, the Yankees’ director of player health and performance."

a) Thank the Lord you're not the Yankees.

b) We get it. Yankees injured, Mets healthy.

Maybe Cressey can get to work on Syndergaard ... so the Mets will be better than the Yankees ... and you can get an interview with Mookie Wilson.

Injured Stanton and Judge, along with a healthy Syndergaard, and the Yankees will still clear the Mets by ten games.

No comments: