Thursday, September 09, 2021

Over time, Gleyber revealed himself to be a fraud.

I was fooled. I thought Gleyber was going to be an MVP candidate. I thought he was going to bat third in a powerful lineup for years to come.

A closer examination reveals his success at the plate in the majors is mostly based on a one-season freakish domination of the Baltimore Orioles. 

The second coming of Rob Refsnyder.

"Lackadasical play" is bad, sure. Frustrating to watch.

I can also think of plenty of productive players who were lackadasical in the field. I can think of HOF players who were lackadasical in the field.

The bottom line is that Torres only has six home runs this entire season. 

If you're going to be no-field/no-hit, you will be replaced by a light-hitting slick fielder. Those guys are easy to find.

Moving Gleyber to second base doesn't solve the problem. The Yankees don't need a second baseman who hits .250 with six home runs.

No comments: