Saturday, January 29, 2022

Not the first guy I think of when I think of ex-Yankee sluggers ...

When Canseco confessed in his book, admittedly for self-serving purposes, just about everyone dismissed him and ganged up on him.

But, over time, he was proven right.

I find the most cowardly HOF arguments are fixated on the particulars of drug test results, official suspensions, official MLB rules vs., I dunno, the laws of the USA.

With every other dimension, a voter is supposed to review the facts and use their judgment.

Ortiz used PEDs. I feel very comfortable saying that, and I don't have to prove it 100%. I am using my judgment and common sense.

Several players already in the HOF used PEDs.

So the hypocrisy is that the writers use the character clause when it suits them. It seems to the rest of us, that they're making their decisions based on popularity or a quid pro quo payback.

Manny Ramirez crossed a threshold that Ortiz didn't cross? OK, if that fiction gets you through the night.

I mean, if you really want to reject a player due to his character, I'll gladly reject Omar Vizquel ... yet he still got 24% of the votes.



No comments: