Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Gallo is joking, so I'll give him a pass

" 'When I first got traded here I think they thought I was Babe Ruth, or something, I don’t know,' Gallo told The Post and smiled.

Well, the Bambino did strike out a lot …"

But it does remind me of the time Ottavino said he would have struck out Babe Ruth every time.

" 'I’m not necessarily a loveable player ’cause of the way my skill set is,' Gallo said, 'but I always respect the game, I always play hard, I always give everything I have every time I’m out in the field no matter what the score is, no matter where we’re at in the standings, who we’re playing. I always take pride in that ’cause I love the game of baseball.

“I think fans will start to see that over time.'

He’s not Babe Ruth. And he shouldn’t have to be."

He strikes out too much. Way too much. Also, his defense has surely not lived up to its hype.


No comments: