Sunday, June 26, 2022

The Field

Such a typical con game by Lupica.

Pretending the Yankees as so invincible that only six teams could possibly beat them in the playoffs.

Twelve teams make the playoffs. Eleven of these teams can beat the Yankees. We don't yet know who these teams will be (though I'm quite confident at this point that the Yankees will make the playoffs).

Now fast forward to October and consider the various scenarios:

  1. Yankees win the World Series. "I told you the Yankees were invincible."
  2. Yankees are beaten by one of the six challengers. "I told you [insert team name] could beat the Yankees."
  3. Yankees are beaten by a different team. My favorite. "NO ONE THOUGHT the Yankees could be beaten by [insert team name]."
I find it consistently irritating and cowardly to tell me who will not win the Championship if you're unwilling to take as stand and tell me who will.

In response, I will now list six teams who I predict will not beat the Yankees in the playoffs:
  1. The A's.
  2. The Reds.
  3. The Pirates.
  4. The Rockies.
  5. The Cubs.
  6. The Nationals.

No comments: