Sunday, February 12, 2023

To my knowledge, I have never met a person who has ever watched the WBC.

For one thing, it's not a big stage because not a lot of people are going to watch. More than a regular season Angels game for sure, but not a lot relative to entertainment events.

Furthermore, I can't imagine that anyone watching would be unaware of Trout's excellence. Like, I'm enough of a baseball fan to watch the WBC, but I  am mostly unaware of the decade's best player.

I suppose Trout keeps a relatively low profile, and in some ways this inhibits his worldwide popularity, but still: How is the WBC going to change his legacy or X Factor in any way?

The rest  of the article is just "Trout is great" and, for different reasons, comparing Trout to Ernie Banks and LeBron James.

No comments: