Monday, July 29, 2024

Chisolm is not a big name.

I mean, when I heard the first name with the last name, I was able to identify who he was. "That guy." 

But when I first heard the Yankees got "Chisolm," I wasn't sure who they were talking about.

 

It's kind of the inevitable result of the trade deadline deals every year.

"Once again" going after a big name, he says. Because the Yankees are constantly landing superstars at the trade deadline. Because Benintendi is also a big name, or something?

I mean, it's been a while. Cone in 1995, Justice in 2000 ... anybody else in the past 24 years who is worth mentioning?

Glenallen Hill? That's like a Chisolm-level "big name." A guy whose jersey is ranked in the top 200 at MLB.com.

I'm probably missing somebody. I know a lot of relievers come and go. Armando Benitez that one time and maybe a few others I don't remember.

But the trade deadline overall is a bunch of hype with minimal impact.

No comments: