Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kiss me deadly.

Funny, because I was thinking that he'd never have had shoulder surgery in the first place if it wasn't for Torre:

"Reliever Tanyon Sturtze is a Joe Torre loyalist who was able to make his first major league appearance since 2006 on Tuesday, pitching a scoreless eighth inning in his emotional return from major shoulder surgery to pitch for his old manager.

'He's meant everything to me', Sturtze said. 'I wouldn't even be in baseball. The only reason I'm here is because of him.'

...

'He's a fighter,' said Torre, who managed Sturtze for three seasons with the Yankees. 'The thing I feel good about is he trusts me.' "


When Scott Proctor gets hurt, he is replaced by Tanyon Sturtze.

When Tanyon Sturtze gets hurt, will he be replaced by Steve Karsay?

Then, when Steve Karsay goes down, will he be replaced by Paul Quantrill?

Just an endless carousel of shredded right shoulders and mended hearts, known collectively as "Torre's Boys."

No comments: