Sunday, January 28, 2007

Football is different than baseball.

"Maybe A-Rod will finally have a playoff series - or even just one playoff game - like Peyton had last Sunday against the Patriots. Peyton is now halfway to changing his own place in football history, halfway because last Sunday won't mean anything in the long run if he can't beat the Bears next Sunday.

If he can do it, maybe A-Rod can.
"

Alex Rodriguez's has never played in a World Series.

Maybe that is what Lupica means.

But I don't think that is what Lupica means.

Last Sunday, in an important playoff game, Peyton Manning was 27-for-47 for 349 yards and one TD.

What is the baseball equivalent of this?

I don't know, excactly. I think it's a pointless comparison.

But I do know that ARod hit .409/.480/.773 against the Yankees in the 2000 ALCS. That's better than 27-for-47, 349.

I also know that ARod hit .421/.476/.737 against the Twins in the 2004 ALDS. That's better than 27-for-47, 349.

You're looking for a single game? How about this game? 4-for-5 with a double, a homerun, 2 rbis, and 2 runs scored. Trust me, that's better than 27-for-47, 349. It's like 37-for-47, 480, and 4 TDs.

I must be a genius. I found "just one playoff game" performance by Alex Rodriguez that's better than Peyton Manning's performance last Sunday. I could easily find several more

Or maybe I'm just proving why it's dumb to compare football to baseball.

After all, ARod doesn't pitch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey genuis, if you're going to rip other people for what they write, why don't you get your own facts straight?

A-Rod was not on the Red Sox in 2003, and last I checked, that's who the Yankees played in the 2003 ALCS.

Maybe you should spend more time on your own work than on ripping others' work.

Darren Felzenberg said...

Dear "Anonymous," I'm not paid to freakin' blog. Therefore, I spend very little time checking my "work."

I just changed "2003" to "2000" and now my blog post is accurate.

Just one keystroke to correct my mistake. If only your parents could correct their mistakes so easily.

Anonymous said...

I wish you updated your blog more often. It is truly a joy to read.