Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sometimes, I agree with Joel Sherman.

Player X has an odd criticism of Alex Rodriguez:

"And in the April 4 issue of ESPN the Magazine an anonymous player decided A-Rod needed to be worked over, as well.

In the regular Player X segment, a copy of which I obtained before publication, the anonymous player decides to view the negotiation breakdown between and the Cardinals through the A-Rod prism. He writes: 'Every guy I know in MLB would rather have Pujols hitting on his side than Alex Rodriguez, so I think Camp Albert has every right to want more money than Rodriguez makes. A-Rod is overpaid. Sure, he plays third, a more premium position on defense than first, but even if they played the same spot, I'd take Pujols.' "


Player X, shut your trap.


"OK, let's see if I get this argument: Pujols is better than A-Rod. Is there anyone arguing the contrary? Is there a shame to being an inferior player to Pujols?"

Hear, hear.

No comments: