Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A lot of praise for a guy with 2 whole RBIs.

"Carl Crawford admits he began to have doubts — about ever hitting .300 again, ever smiling again, maybe even playing baseball much longer.

'I don't think I smiled in two years,' the Dodgers outfielder tells USA TODAY Sports of his time on a troubled team in Boston.

'I was just frowning, I started growing grey hairs on my face from the stress and everything for two years straight.' "


Tough life.

Also, a good time to rip on Boston, Mr. Informed Newsreader.


"Given all that, former teammate Clay Buchholz is not surprised Crawford has revived his career.

'Look what he's doing. It's unbelievable. I called it,' the Red Sox pitcher said. 'He's going to be in a better atmosphere. He's hitting .300 his whole career. He's going to hit .300. He's going to steal his bags. It's just the way it is.'

Yet somehow, it was just the opposite in Boston."


He won't hit .300 this year. He just had a decent couple of weeks. Still, it's kind of lame to admit you can't handle the pressure of Boston.


" 'If I had been hitting .210 the first two weeks, they'd be saying, "I told you he sucked," ' Crawford says. 'But since, it's a hot start, it's more like, "It's only two weeks of the season." We know who's saying that. It's definitely not L.A. fans.' "


It would be Felz saying that.


"But there's one thing he says he's been hearing often that helps:

'Everybody who comes to see me says, "It's nice to see you smiling again." '

It's more crucial to the Dodgers that he's producing again."


Two RBIs.

No comments: