Saturday, August 10, 2019

A convoluted partial defense of J.A. Happ.

“Right now it seems like if it can go wrong, it will,” Happ said. “It's frustrating. I'm certainly not feeling sorry for myself, I've got to find a way out of it. I felt like I made a pitch to get out of that fourth, and it didn't happen. Then I didn't make a pitch, and we got hurt there. Every out is huge, and I just wasn't able to close it down.”

No need to highlight your teammate's error, but have any pitchers pointed out what is going on with the ball?

Happ has allowed 29 HRs this season, 3 more last night.

Has any pitcher, in a postgame interview, finally snapped and called BS on this?

Gregorius hit one onto Eutaw Street.

Romine hit one out of Fenway Park.

I heard someone say Alonso is a "low ball hitter" after he golfed a ball 450 feet on an off-balance swing.

Frazier's game-tying HR was legit ... but the upper deck at Citi Field?

It wasn't long ago that distance like that was reserved for Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire.

The ball is juiced. 

They took the game away from pitchers like Happ.




No comments: