Wednesday, August 28, 2019

I am pleased I underestimated Gio Urshela.

Is he the biggest surprise on the Yankees? I guess so.

German is 17-3 and I didn't even knew who he was before the season started.

Tauchman has an .886 OPS and 45 RBIs in half a season ... and ... who is Mike Tauchman?


Some of offensive numbers I don't know what to make of anymore.

Alonso and Bell and Urshela and Alvarez ... they're all doing well against their peers.

I just don't know if we can process the power numbers of 2019 in any kind of historical context.

No matter.

Urshela proved doubters wrong and I was a doubter.

In fact, I still think Andujar has a higher ceiling.


My gripe is not with the content of the article.

My gripe is the Jinx Factor.

Though it didn't work with Urshela the first time ... let's not forget how Lupica wrote off Aaron Judge two weeks ago.

After which Judge basically hit a HR-per-game.

No comments: