Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Verdugo is no Roy White. Verdugo is not even Rondell White. But he's going to start in LF for the Yankees in the playoffs.

Pay attention, people.

The Yankees are not going to put this guy in the outfield in the playoffs.

It's not as if Dominguez is tearing the cover off the ball. A .200 batting average and a couple of home runs.

I find all of this baffling, but I shouldn't be surprised anymore. The fielding is the easy part. Go shag some fly balls in the summer afternoon. Hit the cutoff man once in a while.

Learn the basics and fundamentals of playing baseball. 

Sure, the Yankee prospects are "young" by professional baseball standards, but I knew how to do this stuff when I was ten years old.

Heck, Gleyber plays baseball as if he doesn't understand the fundamentals of physics and how physical objects interact in the world. "If I slide when I'm fifteen feet away from third base, will I reach the base? If I throw the baseball to a spot that is ten feet away from second base, won't gravity pull it back to Volpe? Like, the Coriolis Effect?"



No comments: