Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Guy.

"Need more evidence that the dollar isn't going as far as it used to?"

No.

But starting the article with a question really drew me in.

It's about as hackneyed as those movie commercials where the announcer asks a question and the peformer in the movie seemingly answers the announcer's question.


"Cool Standings says the Yanks have a 19.6 percent chance to make the playoffs. I think that's optimistic."

I would agree.

But it's hard to really whine about it too much when the Rays finish above .500 for the first time ever and your team misses the playoffs for the first time in over a decade.


"And remember, I'm the guy who said last spring and summer that the hand-wringing over the Yankees was overwrought and that they had a much better chance to make the playoffs then anyone was forecasting (including Cool Standings)."

I was just saying to a friend of mine, "Do you remember Michael Salfino?"

My friend says, "Michael who?"

I says, "You know: The guy."

He says, "The guy who said last spring and summer that the hand-wringing over the Yankees was overwrought and that they had a much better chance to make the playoffs than anyone was forecasting?"

I says, "Yup. That guy."

No comments: