Saturday, July 05, 2008

How am I going to end this article?

Screw it. I know what I'm gonna do. I'm going with a weird metaphor. I'm George A. King III, damn it, and the English language is the medium through which I sculpt masterpieces. I'm tired of a boring game recap. I'm going to Rock Your World right about now:

"At 45-42, the Yankees are close to being measured for pinstriped coffins before the All-Star Game lands in their yard a week from Tuesday. Should the losses continue to arrive at the current rate, the glow of hosting the Midsummer Classic will be reduced to a flicker in the wind."

I don't even understand what that means, exactly, but I think I might cry.

We are all merely flickers in the wind, man. Deep.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
And if I claim to be a wise man
It surely means that I don't know.


Even if there was a glow associated with hosting the All Star Game, don't think the metaphor worked out too well, because a glow is probably less intense than a flicker. The progression would probably be spark, flicker in a vacuum, flicker in the wind, glow, candle, fire, inferno, ragin' full on.

No comments: