Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I found something on the Internet that may preoccupy me for some time.

Suzyn Waldman has a blog, and I see her use of punctuation is as irritating as her voice:

"But the strangest thing was Joe Girardi filing a protest after Marlins Manager Fredi Gonzalez messed up a double switch (who says NL Managers are smarter) and Chris Coghlan ran out to left field instead of Alejandro De Aza. Girardi waited until a pitch was thrown, then pointed out the mistake to the umpires. It was definitely a mistake, it was definitely corrected...De Aza and Coghlan were out of the game and Jeremy Hermida went to left field. But Girardi actually protested the game. If it's upheld...the Yankees have to get on a plane, go back to Florida and start the game from that point....they were losing 6-3. Why, exactly?"

First, nobody says NL managers are smarter. Maybe NL broadcasters are smarter, but not NL managers.

Also, the protest won't be upheld -- everybody knows that -- but it's certainly the proper response from the Yankee manager.

If I was the Yankees, I'd gladly get on a plane and go back to Florida and try to turn a loss into a win. Could be the loss that keeps the playoff shares out of everybody's grubby little hands. Could be the win that saves Girardi's job.


"I think scoring 18 runs in their last 8 losses is something they should concentrate on...not protesting games that were lost...but what do I know???"

You know very little.

For someone who watches every Yankee game, your insight into Yankee baseball is astonishingly ignorant.

As an example of your ignorance, I'm pretty sure the Yankees can concentrate on scoring more runs even if Girardi filed a protest of the game.


"I've often wondered if taking off to parts unknown for an off day and then flying to the next city the day of the game is better or worse for a team. But again, what do I know! [sic]"

You've wondered what?

You've wondered if taking off to parts unknown for an off day and then flying to the next city the day of a game is better or worse for a team?

Better or worse than what?

What is better or worse than what?

I have no idea what you're saying.

At least I have confirmation that your writing abilities match your speaking abilities.






No comments: