Sunday, June 07, 2009

Yankees vs. Dodgers in 2009 World Series.

Yankees sweep and, rather than showering themselves with champagne during the locker room celebration, they shower themselves with Bigelow's green tea.

Everybody needs a dream and the above scenario is my dream:

"Q: Joe Torre questioned your commitment in his book.

A: He never let me get healthy until we called up Shelley Duncan (in 2007). So here I am knowing I can't help the team, knowing that I can't run, I can't move . . . I can't get to a fly ball that I normally have in my back pocket. Best thing that should have been done when I was hurt then was throw me on the DL and let me get healthy, but I wasn't able to.

Q: Were you disappointed or surprised to see that in his book?

A: I was disappointed, because where it first came up, I had a private conversation with Torre and (GM Brian) Cashman at the beginning of spring training, telling them that I wasn't ready. It was a tough winter for me, and it was a private thing. And then the private thing ends up being put in his book. Well, as a player, I feel like he's a tough guy to trust."

No comments: