Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spring Training 2015

My prediction is that Mark Teixeira will come to Spring Training next season and say he is in better physical shape and ready to go. He will try to avoid the nagging injuries.


Here are the latest stats:

2014 overall: 308 at-bats, .227 ba, 19 HRs.
2014 bases empty: 155 at-bats, .232 ba, 13 HRs.
2014 RISP: 87 at-bats, .253 ba, 1 HR.
2014 two outs RISP: 34 at-bats, .176 ba, 0 HR.

I could actually conduct a statistical analysis if I wanted to, come up with a mathematical interpretation whether this guy is unclutch or unlucky. The most likely conclusion is that the sample sizes are small and the deviations are statistical noise.

Either way, I don't know why the press and fans are letting this guy off the hook.

A HR every 16 at-bats when the bases are empty. A HR every 25 at-bats when runners are on base. A HR every 87 at-bats with RISP. One three-run HR the entire season and 0 grand slams.

What really gets me is the 2 outs RISP batting average. This clown won't take the RBI when the infield shift is on.

I think he's a head case.




No comments: