Thursday, December 02, 2004

Unit a Yankee.

This is one instance where I am not singling out the Daily News. Everbody is reporting that the hunt for Unit is dead.

Yeah, right.

I've heard that one before.

Now they're "focusing their attention" elsewhere. Because it's too difficult to focus on Randy Johnson and Al Leiter at the same time.

It's amusing to me because last July, everybody insisted that Unit was coming to the Yankees, and everybody was wrong.

Leaking to the press is just a negotiating tactic. I don't know that the Yankees are getting Unit for sure. I wouldn't bet my life on it. But the more the Yankees feign outrage, the more they feign disinterest, the more reports I see that the talks are dead -- the more certain I am that the press conference is scheduled for Sunday afternoon.


No comments: